photo box

  • priya_806
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi

      I need to display the photos as shown in the Photo Box example,
      but in example, the url of photos are hardcoded...

      my question is how can we set the url of photos dynamically,which
      picks the photo from database depending on the photoid?

      Any suggestions please

      Thanks
      Priya
    • Levan Dvalishvili
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

        For Dialog Obj I want to pass parameters to functions  that listen to  built in button click actions

        Example :

        var myButtons = [ { text:"Submit", handler:this.filterDialogContainer.handleSubmit, isDefault:true }, { text:"reset to Default", handler:this.filterDialogContainer.handleDefault },

                      { text:"Cancel", handler:this.filterDialogContainer.handleCancel } ];

        I want to pass a parent object as parameter to handleSubmit function, since inside the function soce changes to dialog itself, how would I do that? Is it possible

        Something similar as it’s  done with event handler subscription :

        this.filterDialogContainer.dialog.manualSubmitEvent.subscribe(this.filterDialogContainer.handleManual, this, true);

        or maybe I have to tell it to adjust scope and give me this to be the parent object of the function that handles that buttons click?

        Best Regards.

      • Steven Peterson
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

          Priya,

          The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to make them dynamic in whatever way you’d like, but that functionality isn’t built directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of PhotoBox, please feel free to share it with the community!

          Thanks!

          Steven Peterson

          Web Developer, Platform Engineering

          Yahoo!

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

            The easiest way to do this is to use a closure, as in:

            var myObj = “x”;

            var handleSubmit = function() {

                  alert(myObj);

            }

            If you do this, you can pass any object you’d like to the handlers.

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
              I just changed the static url in the

              photos:[{src:"Sample.s?id="+ id,caption:title}]

              now its working in firefox....but not in IE??

              Any suggestions please to make photobox working in IE??

              Thanks
              Priya
              <peterson@...> wrote:

              > Priya,
              >

              > The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to
              make them
              > dynamic in whatever way you'd like, but that functionality isn't
              built
              > directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of
              PhotoBox,
              > please feel free to share it with the community!
              >

              > Thanks!
              >
              > Steven Peterson
              >
              > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
              >
              > Yahoo!

            • sandysubha
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006

                <peterson@...> wrote:

                > Priya,
                >

                > The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to
                make them
                > dynamic in whatever way you'd like, but that functionality isn't
                built
                > directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of
                PhotoBox,
                > please feel free to share it with the community!
                >

                > Thanks!
                >
                > Steven Peterson
                >
                > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                >
                > Yahoo!

              • Steven Peterson
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006

                  Priya,

                  Can you please describe the problem?

                  <peterson@...> wrote:

                  > Priya,
                  >

                  > The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to
                  make them
                  > dynamic in whatever way you'd like, but that functionality isn't
                  built
                  > directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of
                  PhotoBox,
                  > please feel free to share it with the community!
                  >

                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Steven Peterson
                  >
                  > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                  >
                  > Yahoo!
                  >

                  > From: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
                  > I need to display the photos as shown in the Photo Box example,
                  > but in example, the url of photos are hardcoded...
                  >
                  > my question is how can we set the url of photos dynamically,which
                  > picks the photo from database depending on the photoid?
                  >
                  > Any suggestions please
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Priya

                • cosmico81
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
                    I have written a php code that make photobox dynamic by the use of PHP.

                    this script should be included in the head of your html/php document.
                    It needs a script (i've called it gallery.js) with the code of the
                    photobox and the word LISTA_IMG instead of the static list of photoes.
                    (it use two other files: lista_img with the list of image, with path,
                    one for line and lista_caption with the list in the same order of
                    capiton):

                    <?php
                    echo "<script>";
                    $replacement="";
                    $handle = fopen("collection/lista_img", "r");
                    $handle2 = fopen("collectiom/lista_caption", "r");
                    while (!feof($handle) && !feof($handle2)) {
                    $buffer1=fgets($handle, 4096);
                    $buffer2=fgets($handle2, 4096);
                    $replacement.=
                    "{src:\"http://www.your-site.it/".trim($buffer1)."\",caption:\"".trim($buffer2)."\"}";
                    if(!feof($handle)) {
                    $replacement.= ",";

                    $fg= fopen("gallery.js", "r");
                    while (!feof($fg)) {
                    $stringa=fgets($fg, 4096);
                    //echo $stringa;
                    echo preg_replace("|LISTA_IMG|", $replacement, $stringa);
                    }
                    fclose($fg);
                    fclose($handle);
                    fclose($handle2);