Re: [ydn-javascript] Menu Overlay not working in Firefox

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Thanks for reporting this one. It appears to be a bug
      in FF 1.5 only. I tested this in FF 1.0.x and it
      works correctly.

      The source of the problem appears to be MenuBar's use
      of "overflow:hidden." It seems static elements with
      their overflow set to "hidden" prevent their
      positioned children from properly overlaying other
      elements on the page in FF 1.5.

      You can add this style declaration to your page to fix
      the bug:

      div.yuimenubar ul {

      overflow:visible;

      }

      Here is a test page demonstrating the fix:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v011/examples/menu/example08.php

      - Todd

      --- yuidev2006 <amosson@...> wrote:

      > The menu's in the example file
      > applicationmenubar.html seem to show
      > under any content placed in the body of the document
      > in Firefox
      > 1.5.0.5 only. It seems to work correctly in both IE
      > and Safari.
      >
      > To demonstrate this I added the following to the
      > body of the document

      > width:300px;
      > z-index:0; background-color:red;">Line 1<br>Line
      > 2</div>
      >
      > In Firefox 1.5.0.5, when you click on the File or
      > Edit button, the
      > menu appears below the red div.
      >
      > This works correctly in IE and Safari.
      >
      > Is this a know issue?

    • yuidev2006
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        I tested the fix in my code and it works like a charm.

        Thanks