set url dynamically for a menu item

  • priya_806
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi

      Is there any method, that we can set the url dynamically for a
      menuitem??

      Priya
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
        Priya -

        Every MenuItem instance has a "url" configuration
        property that you can use. The property is documented
        here:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#mitemconfigref

        General info on using configuration properties is
        available here:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties

        - Todd

        --- priya_806 <priya_806@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Is there any method, that we can set the url
        > dynamically for a
        > menuitem??
        >
        > Priya

      • priya_806
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
          Hi

          I need to display the photos as shown in the Photo Box example,
          but in example, the url of photos are hardcoded...

          my question is how can we set the url of photos dynamically,which
          picks the photo from database depending on the photoid?

          Any suggestions please

          Thanks
          Priya
        • Levan Dvalishvili
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

            For Dialog Obj I want to pass parameters to functions  that listen to  built in button click actions

            Example :

            var myButtons = [ { text:"Submit", handler:this.filterDialogContainer.handleSubmit, isDefault:true }, { text:"reset to Default", handler:this.filterDialogContainer.handleDefault },

                          { text:"Cancel", handler:this.filterDialogContainer.handleCancel } ];

            I want to pass a parent object as parameter to handleSubmit function, since inside the function soce changes to dialog itself, how would I do that? Is it possible

            Something similar as it’s  done with event handler subscription :

            this.filterDialogContainer.dialog.manualSubmitEvent.subscribe(this.filterDialogContainer.handleManual, this, true);

            or maybe I have to tell it to adjust scope and give me this to be the parent object of the function that handles that buttons click?

            Best Regards.

          • Steven Peterson
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

              Priya,

              The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to make them dynamic in whatever way you’d like, but that functionality isn’t built directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of PhotoBox, please feel free to share it with the community!

              Thanks!

              Steven Peterson

              Web Developer, Platform Engineering

              Yahoo!

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

                The easiest way to do this is to use a closure, as in:

                var myObj = “x”;

                var handleSubmit = function() {

                      alert(myObj);

                }

                If you do this, you can pass any object you’d like to the handlers.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
                  I just changed the static url in the

                  photos:[{src:"Sample.s?id="+ id,caption:title}]

                  now its working in firefox....but not in IE??

                  Any suggestions please to make photobox working in IE??

                  Thanks
                  Priya
                  <peterson@...> wrote:

                  > Priya,
                  >

                  > The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to
                  make them
                  > dynamic in whatever way you'd like, but that functionality isn't
                  built
                  > directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of
                  PhotoBox,
                  > please feel free to share it with the community!
                  >

                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Steven Peterson
                  >
                  > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                  >
                  > Yahoo!

                • sandysubha
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006

                    <peterson@...> wrote:

                    > Priya,
                    >

                    > The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to
                    make them
                    > dynamic in whatever way you'd like, but that functionality isn't
                    built
                    > directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of
                    PhotoBox,
                    > please feel free to share it with the community!
                    >

                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > Steven Peterson
                    >
                    > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                    >
                    > Yahoo!

                  • Steven Peterson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006

                      Priya,

                      Can you please describe the problem?

                      <peterson@...> wrote:

                      > Priya,
                      >

                      > The PhotoBox is only a simple example. You can modify the code to
                      make them
                      > dynamic in whatever way you'd like, but that functionality isn't
                      built
                      > directly into the class. If you create a more complex version of
                      PhotoBox,
                      > please feel free to share it with the community!
                      >

                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Steven Peterson
                      >
                      > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                      >
                      > Yahoo!
                      >

                      > From: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
                      > I need to display the photos as shown in the Photo Box example,
                      > but in example, the url of photos are hardcoded...
                      >
                      > my question is how can we set the url of photos dynamically,which
                      > picks the photo from database depending on the photoid?
                      >
                      > Any suggestions please
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      > Priya

                    • cosmico81
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 23, 2006
                        I have written a php code that make photobox dynamic by the use of PHP.

                        this script should be included in the head of your html/php document.
                        It needs a script (i've called it gallery.js) with the code of the
                        photobox and the word LISTA_IMG instead of the static list of photoes.
                        (it use two other files: lista_img with the list of image, with path,
                        one for line and lista_caption with the list in the same order of
                        capiton):

                        <?php
                        echo "<script>";
                        $replacement="";
                        $handle = fopen("collection/lista_img", "r");
                        $handle2 = fopen("collectiom/lista_caption", "r");
                        while (!feof($handle) && !feof($handle2)) {
                        $buffer1=fgets($handle, 4096);
                        $buffer2=fgets($handle2, 4096);
                        $replacement.=
                        "{src:\"http://www.your-site.it/".trim($buffer1)."\",caption:\"".trim($buffer2)."\"}";
                        if(!feof($handle)) {
                        $replacement.= ",";

                        $fg= fopen("gallery.js", "r");
                        while (!feof($fg)) {
                        $stringa=fgets($fg, 4096);
                        //echo $stringa;
                        echo preg_replace("|LISTA_IMG|", $replacement, $stringa);
                        }
                        fclose($fg);
                        fclose($handle);
                        fclose($handle2);