Re: [ydn-javascript] Menu goes out of screen

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi Arne -

      Yes. Set the "constraintoviewport" configuration
      property to "true." If you're not familiar with
      configuration properties, check out the documentation:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties

      The full list of configuration properties is
      documented here:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference

      - Todd

      --- arne0705 <ab@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > is there a way to tell the Menu to turn around if it
      > comes to the
      > right side of the screen? I have a menu which has up
      > to seven levels
      > so it uses all availabe space on a 1024x768
      > resolution easily...
      >

      > Best Regards,
      >
      > Arne

    • arne0705
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        thanks, sorry that I missed this option...

        But there is another small problem :(

        In Internet Explorer (I tried v 6 only) there is a small place in
        front of the arrow image which doesn't activate the submenu. That
        means of you move the mouse from the left of the item (where the text
        starts) to the right(where the image is), the submenu will flicker for
        a short time. That's annoying if the submenu is larger and the browser
        needs some ms to display it.

        This happens also on the example pages like
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example08.html
        Just move with your mouse from the left to the right over a menuitem
        with submenu.

        Firefox is fine, but our client uses just Internet Explorer. Is there
        a way to fix this behaviour?

        Best regards,

        Arne

        > Hi Arne -
        >
        > Yes. Set the "constraintoviewport" configuration
        > property to "true." If you're not familiar with
        > configuration properties, check out the documentation:
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties
        >
        > The full list of configuration properties is
        > documented here:
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference
        >
        > - Todd
        >
        > --- arne0705 <ab@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > is there a way to tell the Menu to turn around if it
        > > comes to the
        > > right side of the screen? I have a menu which has up
        > > to seven levels
        > > so it uses all availabe space on a 1024x768
        > > resolution easily...
        > >

        > > Best Regards,
        > >
        > > Arne
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
          Arne -

          Thanks for reporting this. I will work on a fix for
          the next release of Menu.

          - Todd

        • arne0705
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
            Hi Todd,

            thanks for your help! :)

            Best regards,

            Arne

            > Arne -
            >
            > Thanks for reporting this. I will work on a fix for
            > the next release of Menu.
            >
            > - Todd
            >
            > --- arne0705 <ab@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi,
            > > thanks, sorry that I missed this option...
            > >
            > > But there is another small problem :(
            > >
            > > In Internet Explorer (I tried v 6 only) there is a
            > > small place in
            > > front of the arrow image which doesn't activate the
            > > submenu. That
            > > means of you move the mouse from the left of the
            > > item (where the text
            > > starts) to the right(where the image is), the
            > > submenu will flicker for
            > > a short time. That's annoying if the submenu is
            > > larger and the browser
            > > needs some ms to display it.
            > >
            > > This happens also on the example pages like
            > >
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example08.html
            > > Just move with your mouse from the left to the right
            > > over a menuitem
            > > with submenu.
            > >
            > > Firefox is fine, but our client uses just Internet
            > > Explorer. Is there
            > > a way to fix this behaviour?
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > >
            > > Arne
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Todd Kloots
            > > <kloots@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Arne -
            > > >
            > > > Yes. Set the "constraintoviewport" configuration
            > > > property to "true." If you're not familiar with
            > > > configuration properties, check out the
            > > documentation:
            > > >

            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties
            > > >
            > > > The full list of configuration properties is
            > > > documented here:
            > > >

            > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference
            > > >
            > > > - Todd

            > > if it
            > > has up

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Roman
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006

              > Arne -
              >
              > Thanks for reporting this. I will work on a fix for
              > the next release of Menu.
              >
              > - Todd

              Ah, that's the problem I reported in my "Inactive fragment in a menu
              in IE" post. Todd, how frequently are new versions of the library (or
              individual components) released?

              Roman
            • Todd Kloots
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
                Roman -

                Our release schedule has already been covered in a