Re: [ydn-javascript] implementing ajax within the same php page

  • Tony Bibbs
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      Yes, but you need to do something like a switch statement:

      if ($_POST['action'] == 'doAjaxCmd') {
      // do what ever ajax wizardry you want
      } else {
      // show the initial page
      }

      I personally see this as bad design. What YUI component are you trying
      to use?

      --Tony

      hawodi wrote:

      > Am trying to implement ajax in my some of my pages but am confused as
      > to how to go about it. The page am working on has both the html markup
      > and the php code. Once the submit button is clicked, the form action
      > reloads page to excute the php script on the page.
      >
      > All the ajax example I have seen so far have separate codes for the
      > html mark up and a separate php page. Is it not possible for the ajax
      > script to call the same page?
      >
      > Thanks

    • Ken Robinson
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        At 12:05 PM 8/1/2006, hawodi wrote:
        >Am trying to implement ajax in my some of my pages but am confused as
        >to how to go about it. The page am working on has both the html markup
        >and the php code. Once the submit button is clicked, the form action
        >reloads page to excute the php script on the page.
        >
        >All the ajax example I have seen so far have separate codes for the
        >html mark up and a separate php page. Is it not possible for the ajax
        >script to call the same page?

        Sure, it's no different than invoking the same script for any other
        purpose, just pass some way of identifying that you're being invoked
        via AJAX, process the information, and exit.

        I usually use a GET parameter for this purpose.

        Ken
      • Awodi H
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          Thanks all for fast comments...this group is really responsive. Here is the code I am trying to use to implement ajax so that users it opens a new page:

          <?php
          include_once('ezpdo_runtime.php');
          include_once('userFunctions.inc.php');
          session_start();

          // get the persistence manager
          $m = epManager::instance();

          if(($userType=@$_REQUEST['userType']) || @$_POST['username']){ //login attempt
           $access_page='';

           //retrieve school info
           $schools=$m->getAll('School');
           foreach($schools as $school)

           //retrieve the current school session
           $schSessions=$m->find("from School_Session where 1 order by oid desc");
           foreach($schSessions as $currentSchSession){break;}

           switch ($userType) {
               case 'Applicant':
            case 'Student':

             //get the translated path of this page
             $_SESSION['openerUrl']='http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
             $_SESSION['schoolId']=$school->schoolId;

             $access_page=$school->masterUrl;

                break;

               default:
             //Staff
                $userId=$_POST['username'];
                $pwd=$_POST['password'];
                $loginRole=$_POST['loginRole'];

                      //Search for current user role
                      if ($userRoles = $m->find("from Role where role = ?", $loginRole)){
                       foreach($userRoles as $userRole);
                      }

                      //Search for current user info
                       if ($users = $m->find("from Staff where username = ?", $userId)) {
                          foreach($users as $user)
                           if($user->password!=$pwd) $login_failure_msg='<font color="red">Invalid password</font>';
               else{
                if($user->roles->inArray($userRole)){
                 //access granted
                 $access_page=getStaffAccessPage($loginRole);
                 $_SESSION['obj_user']=$user;
                }
                else
                 //access denied
                       else $login_failure_msg='<font color="red">Invalid username</font>';

              break;

           }//end switch user type

           if($access_page){//load user access page
            if(@$currentSchSession) $_SESSION['schSession']=$currentSchSession->session;
            header('Location: '.$access_page);
           }

          } //end login attempt

          ?>
          <head>
          <title>position</title>

          <link href="skoolnet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
          </head>

          <h1>SPortal </h1>

             <?php
            if(@$_SESSION['noAccess']){
             echo $_SESSION['noAccess'];
             session_unregister('noAccess');
            }
           ?>

              <ul>

           </ul>

          I will be using the yui connect.

          Thanks.

          --
          Awodi Hassan

          Digital Quest Ltd
          1 Adegbeyeni Street, Off Allen Avenue,
          Ikeja-Nigeria.
          2341802 421 4493, 234-1-890 7456
        • Tony Bibbs
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
            Awodi H wrote:
            > Thanks all for fast comments...this group is really responsive. Here is
            > the code I am trying to use to implement ajax so that users it opens a
            > new page:

            I have no idea what you mean by that. Best as I can tell it looks like
            you are trying to use a JS function called makeRequest to log a user in?
            If so, I'm not seeing that JS function anywhere in the code.

            --Tony
          • Awodi H
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
              oops, forgot to include the ajax js part. We upload later thanks tony.