draw cross-section line on yui charts bar graph and line graph?

  • etanlightstone
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hi all,

      I am a huge fan of yahoo charts, but am really struggling to get it to
      work for my needs. I'm not sure if it is just my lack of understanding
      or a limitation..

      I've been bending over backwards trying to figure out how to draw
      horizontal cross sections on the bar graph.. I've been able to fake it
      by using a second and third data series, but I have to include the
      values in my jsarray (perhaps this is my mistake?), and I get this result:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/29263544@N04/2733075212/sizes/o/

      Ideally I want those to divide the entire chart, and be completely
      detached from the other data. Could someone craft an example
      datasource array and chart init?

      additionally I am trying to draw a diagonal cross section (from 0,0 to
      max,max) on a scatter plot:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/29263544@N04/2733075252/sizes/o/

      I'm having even more issues with this, when I include it as a second
      series, it ends up making the x-axis non-linear, I'd also like to be
      able to ensure that the x and y axis are equivalent... a perfectly
      matches scale on either side. Using a custom numeric access seems to
      have no effect.

      Thanks for any help or advice! I've scoured the yui charts docs and
      api, and am not getting anywhere. If my request needs clarification,
      let me know! I can show you my example datasource.
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
        There is no functionality for making cross-sections for Charts. It
        does not sound like you are doing anything wrong. You are just trying
        to do something that the charts component does not do. If I understand
        your second issue correctly (diagonal line), you are trying to draw a
        diagonal line with an additional series on an existing chart. Since
        there is only one x and y axis for each chart, the data for your
        diagonal line is making the other chart data appear non-linear. As for
        making the x axis and y axis equivalent, they are proportional to the
        dimensions of the chart which are determined by its target div.

        If I have misinterpreted any of these issues feel free to post back
        with more information.

        Thanks,
        Tripp

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "etanlightstone"