- I noticed all the talk about this last week too.. So this weekend I hacked around building one with the YUI libs..
Here is a "semi" working demo.. only spent a few hours on it.. Most of the functionality is there (at least for Firefox.. have to add IE support later)
+ Windows: n. - The most successful computer virus, ever. +
+ A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog
without bricks tied to its head +
+ A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer is to computing what a
McDonalds Certified Food Specialist is to fine cuisine +
> Are there any other projects worth checking out?Kupu: http://kupu.oscom.org/
- Just an update on that list of rich text editors based on some list
* FCKEditor ( http://www.fckeditor.net/ )
* Dojo Toolkit ( http://dojotoolkit.org/ )
* TinyMCE ( http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/ )
* HTMLArea ( http://www.htmlarea.com/ ) -- I think this project is dead now
* Zimbra Kabuki DwtHtmlEditor widget
* Kupu ( http://kupu.oscom.org/demo/ )
I'll be attempting to integrate FCKEditor with a project using YUI so
I'll let you know how I get on.
- HTMLArea was discontinued by interactivetools. It's now been
forked and continued as Xinha.
Seems to be an excellent effort. Still has Opera issues, however, but
the developer says these are not large if someone wants to tackle them.