Menu goes out of screen

  • arne0705
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006

      is there a way to tell the Menu to turn around if it comes to the
      right side of the screen? I have a menu which has up to seven levels
      so it uses all availabe space on a 1024x768 resolution easily...

      Best Regards,

      Arne
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hi Arne -

        Yes. Set the "constraintoviewport" configuration
        property to "true." If you're not familiar with
        configuration properties, check out the documentation:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties

        The full list of configuration properties is
        documented here:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference

        - Todd

        --- arne0705 <ab@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > is there a way to tell the Menu to turn around if it
        > comes to the
        > right side of the screen? I have a menu which has up
        > to seven levels
        > so it uses all availabe space on a 1024x768
        > resolution easily...
        >

        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Arne

      • arne0705
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
          thanks, sorry that I missed this option...

          But there is another small problem :(

          In Internet Explorer (I tried v 6 only) there is a small place in
          front of the arrow image which doesn't activate the submenu. That
          means of you move the mouse from the left of the item (where the text
          starts) to the right(where the image is), the submenu will flicker for
          a short time. That's annoying if the submenu is larger and the browser
          needs some ms to display it.

          This happens also on the example pages like
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example08.html
          Just move with your mouse from the left to the right over a menuitem
          with submenu.

          Firefox is fine, but our client uses just Internet Explorer. Is there
          a way to fix this behaviour?

          Best regards,

          Arne

          > Hi Arne -
          >
          > Yes. Set the "constraintoviewport" configuration
          > property to "true." If you're not familiar with
          > configuration properties, check out the documentation:
          >
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties
          >
          > The full list of configuration properties is
          > documented here:
          >
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference
          >
          > - Todd
          >
          > --- arne0705 <ab@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > is there a way to tell the Menu to turn around if it
          > > comes to the
          > > right side of the screen? I have a menu which has up
          > > to seven levels
          > > so it uses all availabe space on a 1024x768
          > > resolution easily...
          > >

          > > Best Regards,
          > >
          > > Arne
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
            Arne -

            Thanks for reporting this. I will work on a fix for
            the next release of Menu.

            - Todd

          • arne0705
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
              Hi Todd,

              thanks for your help! :)

              Best regards,

              Arne

              > Arne -
              >
              > Thanks for reporting this. I will work on a fix for
              > the next release of Menu.
              >
              > - Todd
              >
              > --- arne0705 <ab@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi,
              > > thanks, sorry that I missed this option...
              > >
              > > But there is another small problem :(
              > >
              > > In Internet Explorer (I tried v 6 only) there is a
              > > small place in
              > > front of the arrow image which doesn't activate the
              > > submenu. That
              > > means of you move the mouse from the left of the
              > > item (where the text
              > > starts) to the right(where the image is), the
              > > submenu will flicker for
              > > a short time. That's annoying if the submenu is
              > > larger and the browser
              > > needs some ms to display it.
              > >
              > > This happens also on the example pages like
              > >
              > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example08.html
              > > Just move with your mouse from the left to the right
              > > over a menuitem
              > > with submenu.
              > >
              > > Firefox is fine, but our client uses just Internet
              > > Explorer. Is there
              > > a way to fix this behaviour?
              > >
              > > Best regards,
              > >
              > > Arne
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Todd Kloots
              > > <kloots@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Arne -
              > > >
              > > > Yes. Set the "constraintoviewport" configuration
              > > > property to "true." If you're not familiar with
              > > > configuration properties, check out the
              > > documentation:
              > > >

              > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configurationproperties
              > > >
              > > > The full list of configuration properties is
              > > > documented here:
              > > >

              > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference
              > > >
              > > > - Todd

              > > if it
              > > has up

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Roman
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006

                > Arne -
                >
                > Thanks for reporting this. I will work on a fix for
                > the next release of Menu.
                >
                > - Todd

                Ah, that's the problem I reported in my "Inactive fragment in a menu
                in IE" post. Todd, how frequently are new versions of the library (or
                individual components) released?

                Roman
              • Todd Kloots
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Roman -

                  Our release schedule has already been covered in a