Re: Animation Issues since upgrade to 0.11.2

  • caigesn
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1 6:48 AM
      I've increased the size of the center container so there is more area
      to scroll. Again, the animation works fine in Internet Explorer. The
      problem is evident in Firefox 1.5.0.5, Flock 0.7.1, and older gecko
      versions. If animation.js is replaced with the 0.10 version the
      animation works fine. I'll be uploading a video screen capture of the
      problem soon. Watch the left container after scrolling. I've tested
      this on many systems and the problem does not appear to be isolated.

      -Caige

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Thatcher"
      <thatchman@...> wrote:

      > I see no flickering (Firefox 1.5.0.5)
      >
      > On 7/28/06, caigesn <caigesn@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      <ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "vividsilvernl" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > No flickering for me on W2K, IE6 (latest updates).
      > > >
      > > > Maurice.
      > > >
      > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      <ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > > three
      If I
      > > > containers

      > > > in
      > > > >

      > > I should have mentioned that it works fine in IE. The flickering only
      > > happens in Firefox. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.5
      > >

      > --
      > ~Chris

    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1 11:02 AM
        Hi Caige,

        I can see the flicker on the left element as you've described.  I'll investigate and see if I can pinpoint the cause.

        Is the only diff between your examples the YUI version?

        Thanks,

        Matt

        "caigesn" <caigesn@> wrote:

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • caigesn
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1 11:39 AM
          Thanks Matt,

          The only difference between the two is the YUI version. Version 0.10
          works fine, version 0.11.2 has the flickering issue.

          -Caige

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Matt Sweeney <msweeney@...> wrote:

          > Hi Caige,
          >
          > I can see the flicker on the left element as you've described. I'll
          > investigate and see if I can pinpoint the cause.
          >
          > Is the only diff between your examples the YUI version?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Matt
          >
          > caigesn wrote:
          >
          > >I've increased the size of the center container so there is more area
          > >to scroll. Again, the animation works fine in Internet Explorer. The
          > >problem is evident in Firefox 1.5.0.5, Flock 0.7.1, and older gecko
          > >versions. If animation.js is replaced with the 0.10 version the
          > >animation works fine. I'll be uploading a video screen capture of the
          > >problem soon. Watch the left container after scrolling. I've tested
          > >this on many systems and the problem does not appear to be isolated.
          > >
          > >-Caige
          > >

          > >--- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Thatcher"
          > ><thatchman@> wrote:
          > >

          > >>I see no flickering (Firefox 1.5.0.5)

          > ><ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > ><ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > >you as

          > >version

          > >If I

          > >setup

          > >highlighter

          > >anyone

          > >>--
          > >>~Chris
          > >>

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Matt Sweeney
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1 4:09 PM
            I've pinned this down to the fact that you create a new animation object every time the page scrolls.

            While scrolling, the scroll event is fired continuously, which means you may have quite a number of animation instances attempting to animate the "top" of the same element.  This causes some competition between the animation objects, as they are all feeding slightly different values to the element.

            If you create the element once, and then reuse for subsequent animations (you may need to stop() the animation before calling animate() again), it should fix this issue.

            Matt