Aptana anyone?

  • dietrich.frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2008
      I'm probably the last man on earth to know, but during my research
      activity yesterday, I fell over a JavaScript IDE that, from my first
      glance at it, seems to offer everything I was ever missing since I
      startet with JavaScript (http://www.aptana.com/studio/)

      There is live code validation while You type, internal preview in IE,
      FF, ..., great implemented intellisense (that even shows up the
      parameters of my own functions located in other js-files in the
      project), an outline tree that allows quick jumping to the function
      You're searching, expanding and collapsing of codeblocks, setting
      bookmarks and "tasks".

      There is a free community version that does all that plus debugging
      for FireFox (including breakpoint setting etc; like firebug) and a
      "Pro" version, that also allows debugging for IE and includes a
      JSON-Editor.

      I've never seen anyone here leaving a comment on this product but I
      see a lot of people having trouble with editing and debugging.

      My first impression was "Wow, great"

      Frank