Re: Help: Data Table, pass the status of checkboxes via post

  • mattixtech
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 9:57 PM
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mattixtech" <mattixtech@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > First off I'm new here and fairly new to programming in general so if
      > this question sounds very noobie that's why :P.
      >
      > I have created a data table that will be storing several rows of
      > content with a check box for each row. I would like the user to be
      > able to place a check beside multiple rows and then submit the data
      > table similar to a form submit via POST.
      >
      > I have a php script to check the values passed to it and if it
      > determines the check box is checked for a specific row it deletes that
      > row from the database.
      >
      > I am just wondering what the code would be to submit the status of all
      > the check boxes to a php script.

      Oops. I wasn't very specific.

      The data table I am using is the yui data table.

      Here are my columns:
      var myColumnDefs = [
      {key:"id",label:' ',formatter:"checkbox"},
      {key:"Name",sortable:true,resizeable:true},
      {key:"Email",formatter:YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatEmail,
      sortable:true, resizeable:true},
      {key:"Location", sortable:true, resizeable:true},
      {key:"Phone",
      formatter:YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatNumber,sortable:true,
      resizeable:true}
      ];

      Here is my checkbox checking code:

      this.myDataTable.subscribe("checkboxClickEvent", function(oArgs){
      var elCheckbox = oArgs.target;
      var elRecord = this.getRecord(elCheckbox);
      var name = elRecord.getData("id");
      var elColumn = this.getColumn(elCheckbox);
      this.getRecordSet().updateKey(elRecord,
      elColumn.key,elCheckbox.checked);

      });
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 4:20 AM
        On the listener to some sort of submit button you can build the URL argument list by looping through the recordset:

        var recset = this.myDataTable.getRecordset();
        var recsetlen = recset.getLength();
        var urlargs = '';
        for (var i = 0 ; i < recsetlen;i++) {
            var rec = recset.getRecord(i);
            if (rec.getData('id')) {
               urlargs += '&' + escape(rec.getData('Name')) + '=1';

        or something like that.  Then you append the whole of it to the base URL and you either use it in a call to asyncRequest or assign it to window.location.

        Satyam

        wrote:

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional