Help: Data Table, pass the status of checkboxes via post

  • mattixtech
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hello,

      First off I'm new here and fairly new to programming in general so if
      this question sounds very noobie that's why :P.

      I have created a data table that will be storing several rows of
      content with a check box for each row. I would like the user to be
      able to place a check beside multiple rows and then submit the data
      table similar to a form submit via POST.

      I have a php script to check the values passed to it and if it
      determines the check box is checked for a specific row it deletes that
      row from the database.

      I am just wondering what the code would be to submit the status of all
      the check boxes to a php script.
    • mattixtech
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mattixtech" <mattixtech@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > First off I'm new here and fairly new to programming in general so if
        > this question sounds very noobie that's why :P.
        >
        > I have created a data table that will be storing several rows of
        > content with a check box for each row. I would like the user to be
        > able to place a check beside multiple rows and then submit the data
        > table similar to a form submit via POST.
        >
        > I have a php script to check the values passed to it and if it
        > determines the check box is checked for a specific row it deletes that
        > row from the database.
        >
        > I am just wondering what the code would be to submit the status of all
        > the check boxes to a php script.

        Oops. I wasn't very specific.

        The data table I am using is the yui data table.

        Here are my columns:
        var myColumnDefs = [
        {key:"id",label:' ',formatter:"checkbox"},
        {key:"Name",sortable:true,resizeable:true},
        {key:"Email",formatter:YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatEmail,
        sortable:true, resizeable:true},
        {key:"Location", sortable:true, resizeable:true},
        {key:"Phone",
        formatter:YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatNumber,sortable:true,
        resizeable:true}
        ];

        Here is my checkbox checking code:

        this.myDataTable.subscribe("checkboxClickEvent", function(oArgs){
        var elCheckbox = oArgs.target;
        var elRecord = this.getRecord(elCheckbox);
        var name = elRecord.getData("id");
        var elColumn = this.getColumn(elCheckbox);
        this.getRecordSet().updateKey(elRecord,
        elColumn.key,elCheckbox.checked);

        });
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
          On the listener to some sort of submit button you can build the URL argument list by looping through the recordset:

          var recset = this.myDataTable.getRecordset();
          var recsetlen = recset.getLength();
          var urlargs = '';
          for (var i = 0 ; i < recsetlen;i++) {
              var rec = recset.getRecord(i);
              if (rec.getData('id')) {
                 urlargs += '&' + escape(rec.getData('Name')) + '=1';

          or something like that.  Then you append the whole of it to the base URL and you either use it in a call to asyncRequest or assign it to window.location.

          Satyam

          wrote:

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional