Help with Slider needed - breaks when onContentReady exists

  • philklc
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      I'm working on a website which will use the Slider control. It runs
      when onDOMReady is executed.

      But my website has a global header that must be put on all pages,
      which has a site navigation menu which uses onContentReady. It caused
      the Slider control to stop working. And since I'm just an intern, I do
      not have the permission to change it. I need a way to make
      onContentReady and onDOMReady co-exist. Can anyone help?

      The slider in this page works correctly:
      http://www12.brinkster.com/smileyface/1.htm
      The page has an onContentReady event, now the slider does not work.
      http://www12.brinkster.com/smileyface/2.htm
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "philklc" <philklc@...> wrote:

        > I'm working on a website which will use the Slider control. It runs
        > when onDOMReady is executed.
        >
        > But my website has a global header that must be put on all pages,
        > which has a site navigation menu which uses onContentReady. It caused
        > the Slider control to stop working. And since I'm just an intern, I do
        > not have the permission to change it. I need a way to make
        > onContentReady and onDOMReady co-exist. Can anyone help?
        >
        > The slider in this page works correctly:
        > http://www12.brinkster.com/smileyface/1.htm
        > The page has an onContentReady event, now the slider does not work.
        > http://www12.brinkster.com/smileyface/2.htm

        YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady's second parameter must be a function.
        The function will be executed from the context of the newly-available
        element.