widget vs util

  • mikeni1225
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
      what is the guideline for deciding whether a class should belong in
      widget or util namespace?
    • Frank Dietrich
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
        >what is the guideline for deciding whether a class should belong in
        >widget or util namespace?

        If You build Your own components, I would put them in Your namespace
        and leave util and widget reserved for them.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
          Widgets have user interfaces, utils don't.

          User code should refrain from either of these or any of the others YUI
          uses and create instead their own namespaces with YAHOO.namespace in
          YAHOO global object.

          Satyam