Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Website Top Nav CSS flowing onto page

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      Perhaps create your own version of YUI Reset, prefixing the style rules
      used by the Reset with a class name and then apply that class name to
      the parent element of your YUI Menu. That should sandbox the necessary
      reset rules so that your Menu rendered consistently across the various
      pages of your site.

      stevan2020 wrote:

      > I have discovered that the file reset-fonts-grids.css is (as the name
      > implies) resetting the styles applied to existing pages.
      >
      > When I remove reset-fonts-grids.css, the pages display correctly, but
      > the menu is adversely affected by the css on each individual page.
      > The menus can look different on each of the approximately 450 pages.
      >
      > This is an Intranet site and the pages are mainly reports. The CSS
      > can be very different from one group of pages to another.
      >
      > So, my question now comes down to this...
      >
      > Is there a method to use the YUI menu as an include file (replacing
      > an existing navigation include file), in existing pages...
      >
      > 1. Without modifying each existing page.
      > 2. Having the reset-fonts-grids.css files adversely affect existing
      > pages.
      >
      > -- Steve
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>, "stevan2020"
      > <stevan.s.cohen@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have modified the "Website Top Nav With Submenus Built From
      > Markup"
      > > to be used as an include file to replace an exsiting Top Nav that
      > is
      > > included on hundreds of pages. The Nav bar works fine as an
      > include
      > > file.
      > > However, the CSS is influencing existing web pages. It is
      > > centering pages that are supposed to be left justified. It is also
      > > changing the cell-padding set in tables from 3 pixels to 0 pixels.
      > >
      > > ANyone know how to prevent this?
      > >
      > > Here is the include file ....
      > > <!-- Standard reset, fonts and grids -->
      > > <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
      > > href="/validation/yui/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-
      > grids.css">
      > >
      > > <!-- CSS for Menu -->
      > > <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
      > > href="/validation/yui/build/assets/skins/sam/menu.css">
      > >
      > > <!-- ink rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
      > > href="/validation/yui/build/menu/assets/menu.css" -->
      > >

      > > <!-- Dependency source files -->
      > > <script type="text/javascript" src="/validation/yui/build/yahoo-dom-
      > > event/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>
      > > <script type="text/javascript"
      > > src="/validation/yui/build/container/container_core.js"></script>
      > >
      > > <!-- Menu source file -->
      > > <script type="text/javascript"
      > > src="/validation/yui/build/menu/menu.js"></script>

    • stevan2020
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
        Thanks for the advice, got your suggestion to work with a little
        tinkering.