Re: XML Data over XHR with Post sample broken??

  • dietrich.frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bmelendy" <brad@...> wrote:

      > Is it just me or is this busted:
      >
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_xhrpostxml_clean.ht
      > ml

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_xhrpostxml_clean.html

      works for me. shows YUI-table with hyperlinks
    • bmelendy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        Do you get data? I'm getting "Data Error" when I try to view the
        sample. The whole point of the sample is to show how you can process
        XML and display the data in a table but I just get an error. I can't
        get any XML based data to work with this library and just wanted to
        actually see it work, but I guess the Yahoo developers can't get it to
        work either.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dietrich.frank" <fdietrich@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          > Do you get data? I'm getting "Data Error" when I try to view the
          > sample. The whole point of the sample is to show how you can process
          > XML and display the data in a table but I just get an error. I can't
          > get any XML based data to work with this library and just wanted to
          > actually see it work, but I guess the Yahoo developers can't get it to
          > work either.

          No, works perfectly well for me. I see the data in the sample and do
          my own development with it retrieving and presenting XML-data via XHR.

          If You neither see the sample nore get results with Your own tries,
          maybe You can't get the YUI-Files, either due to securitry or
          browser-settings or maybe a DNS is down pointing to the correct ip.

          You can try to download the package and install and load it locally.
          but basicly it should work. Maybe You try later again or try from
          another computer, honestly this works wonderful.

          Frank
        • bmelendy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
            That just blows me away, you get data?? I'll try it from home as soon
            as I get there. This is what I get from work:

            http://brad.melendy.com/images/8-1-2008_3-00-47_PM.jpg

            I'll post back with my findings. Strange. :-\