Re: IE 7 YUI Connection Manager File Upload problem

  • dietrich.frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      > I am trying to do an asynchronous file upload and display the files
      > that were uploaded on the same page. The following code works
      > perfectly in Firefox 2 and 3. In IE, when I click upload, it send me
      > the response back in a new page, ignoring the Asynchrounous call.
      > Does anyone know why this would be?

      I lately had an issue driving me up the wall where something did not
      work in IE and I could not see why. It turned out that I obviously hit
      a keyword. A simple underscore was the cure.

      So, this is just a shot in the dark but in

      <input type="file" name="target" size="80" />
      <input type="button" value="Upload" onclick="uploadFile()"...

      name="target" could be misinterpreted as You would normally
      target="_blank" in a link. That would answer why the response lands in
      a new browser instance.

      Try to rename "target", maybe it helps
    • adamstokar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
        That could very well be it. I'll try it when I get back to work on
        Monday. Thanks for the help.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dietrich.frank"

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
          Couldn't wait till Monday. I changed the name and it worked. Thank
          you so much!!

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "adamstokar" <adamstokar@...>
          wrote:

          > That could very well be it. I'll try it when I get back to work on
          > Monday. Thanks for the help.
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dietrich.frank"
          > <fdietrich@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > I am trying to do an asynchronous file upload and display the files
          > > > that were uploaded on the same page. The following code works
          > > > perfectly in Firefox 2 and 3. In IE, when I click upload, it
          send me
          > > > the response back in a new page, ignoring the Asynchrounous call.
          > > > Does anyone know why this would be?
          > >

          > > I lately had an issue driving me up the wall where something did not
          > > work in IE and I could not see why. It turned out that I obviously hit
          > > a keyword. A simple underscore was the cure.
          > >
          > > So, this is just a shot in the dark but in

          > > <input type="file" name="target" size="80" />
          > > <input type="button" value="Upload" onclick="uploadFile()"...
          > >

          > > name="target" could be misinterpreted as You would normally
          > > target="_blank" in a link. That would answer why the response lands in
          > > a new browser instance.
          > >

          > > Try to rename "target", maybe it helps

        • Frank Dietrich
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
            >Couldn't wait till Monday. I changed the name and it worked. Thank
            >you so much!!

            Hey, great news on Saturday afternoon.

            This is one of those problems that You only finde accidentally
            or with a good portion of distance.
            Until that, You (I) normally bang Your head against the wall
            not willing to understand what is going on (or better: not going on)

            Frank