XML Data over XHR with Post sample broken??

  • bmelendy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
    • dietrich.frank
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bmelendy" <brad@...> wrote:

        > Is it just me or is this busted:
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_xhrpostxml_clean.ht
        > ml

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_xhrpostxml_clean.html

        works for me. shows YUI-table with hyperlinks
      • bmelendy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          Do you get data? I'm getting "Data Error" when I try to view the
          sample. The whole point of the sample is to show how you can process
          XML and display the data in a table but I just get an error. I can't
          get any XML based data to work with this library and just wanted to
          actually see it work, but I guess the Yahoo developers can't get it to
          work either.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dietrich.frank" <fdietrich@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
            > Do you get data? I'm getting "Data Error" when I try to view the
            > sample. The whole point of the sample is to show how you can process
            > XML and display the data in a table but I just get an error. I can't
            > get any XML based data to work with this library and just wanted to
            > actually see it work, but I guess the Yahoo developers can't get it to
            > work either.

            No, works perfectly well for me. I see the data in the sample and do
            my own development with it retrieving and presenting XML-data via XHR.

            If You neither see the sample nore get results with Your own tries,
            maybe You can't get the YUI-Files, either due to securitry or
            browser-settings or maybe a DNS is down pointing to the correct ip.

            You can try to download the package and install and load it locally.
            but basicly it should work. Maybe You try later again or try from
            another computer, honestly this works wonderful.

            Frank
          • bmelendy
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
              That just blows me away, you get data?? I'll try it from home as soon
              as I get there. This is what I get from work:

              http://brad.melendy.com/images/8-1-2008_3-00-47_PM.jpg

              I'll post back with my findings. Strange. :-\