Re: Vector Graphics Library in the Future?

  • louisarquie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      Thanks.

      I'd like to develop graphics with rich functionality where the end-
      user can drag a part of the graphic, the graphic is recomputed and
      rendered in real-time while the customer is dragging.

      The ideal solution would be:
      - cross-browser compatible,
      - no download, no plug-in necessary,
      - client-side computing/drawing/rendering (no need to go back to the
      server to recompute the graphics).

      Anything exists or on its way for the web?

      Thanks,
      Louis

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Delezen
      <jdelezen001001@...> wrote:

      > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url
      (#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}..shape
      {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
      > Its already been through a revision or two(done by the W3C Org)
      and its acronym is SVG or scalable vector graphics, andit is
      implemented as an extensible markup language.

      javascript@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of louisarquie
      > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 20062:47 PM
      > To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [ydn-javascript] VectorGraphics Library in the Future?
      >

      > Is Yahoo working on a VectorGraphics Library for the Web
      (JavaScript
      > or other)?
      > Any chance we will see that in the next 2 years?
      > Any other vector graphics library recommendationfrom anyone?
      > Thanks!
      > Louis
      >

      > SPONSOREDLINKS
      >

      > C programming language
      >
      > Computer programming languages
      >
      > Java programming language
      >
      > The c programming language
      >
      > C programming language
      >
      > Concept of programming language
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > YAHOO!GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > Visit your group "ydn-javascript" on the web.

      Terms of Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Mail

    • Jeff Delezen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006

        You should really like Vista as it seems to have a focus on rendering vector graphics as much as possible a la XAML.  You might want to download the Feb CTP WPF from Microsoft and run Microsoft Expressions and Interactive (under codename Cider) – they are XML rendered interactive vector graphics.  As for using this tech today, try AJAX and SVG or flash and AJAX (these are about as cross-browser compatible as possible – I don’t think it is possible for something to cross all possible browser lines).

        <jdelezen001001@...> wrote:

        > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url
        (#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}..shape
        {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        > Its already been through a revision or two(done by the W3C Org)
        and its acronym is SVG or scalable vector graphics, andit is
        implemented as an extensible markup language.

        Terms of Service.

        > Yahoo! Mail
        > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

        Yahoo! Mail