Re: [ydn-javascript] Control of Easing Effects

  • Frank Dietrich
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 8:55 AM
      >...I'd like to change the overshoot on backIn and the number of bounces on
      >bounceOut, but
      >can't seem to do it without overriding the methods, which seems inelegant.

      You can define Your own easing methods. the Anim receives a parameter like
      YAHOO.util.Easing.easeOut

      But You could create Your own easing-object and pass this instead.
      Download the YAHOO js files and have a look in the non "-min" versions.

      You should be able to do

      var ddTech = new Object();

      ddTech.Easing ={
      easeInWithMyKindOfBounce: function(t, b, c, d) {
      return (t==0) ? b : c * Math.pow(.......
      },
      superEasyEasing: function(t, b, c, d) {
      return bla....
      }
      };

      then You should be able to call the Anim-instance with

      easing: ddTech.easeWithMyKindOfBounce

      HTH

      Frank
    • Frank Dietrich
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1 8:58 AM
        ..... Dav Glass has a lot of easing samples on his page. I currently have no Link at hand but You'll find it here easily

        ....... here it is:

        http://blog.davglass.com/files/yui/effects
      • ae3interactive
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1 10:25 AM
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Dietrich" <fdietrich@...> wrote:

          > ..... Dav Glass has a lot of easing samples on his page. I currently have no Link at hand but
          You'll find it here easily

          > ....... here it is:
          >
          > http://blog.davglass.com/files/yui/effects

          Thanks for both responses, they're exactly what I was looking for.
        • Frank Dietrich
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1 12:45 PM
            >Thanks for both responses, they're exactly what I was looking for.

            perfect!