dataTipFunction Help!

  • Kyle Decot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2008
      I cannot for the life of me figure this stupid thing out. I have included my code below. All I
      get for the datatip box is an empty white square.

      <script type="text/javascript">

      YAHOO.widget.Chart.SWFURL =
      "http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.2/build/charts/assets/charts.swf";

      var jsonData = new YAHOO.util.DataSource( "../graphs/graph_data.json?n="+
      number );
      jsonData.connMethodPost = true;
      jsonData.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSON;

      jsonData.responseSchema = {
      resultsList: "Results",
      fields: ["Date","Steps","Average"]
      };

      var seriesDef =
      [

      { displayName: "Community Average(Community)", yField: "Average", style:
      { color: 0xF15A22} },{ displayName: "Steps(You)", yField: "Steps",style:{color:0x2C4189}}

      ];

      YAHOO.example.getDataTipText = function() {

      return "hello \n work!!!!";
      }

      var mychart = new YAHOO.widget.LineChart( "graph", jsonData,
      {
      series: seriesDef,
      xField: "Date",
      dataTipFunction: YAHOO.example.getDataTipText,
      wmode: "transparent",
      style: { padding:20, background: { color: 0xfdf0e0 } }
      });
      </script>