Re: DataSource and http headers

  • stefdev
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "stefdev" <stefdev@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
      > >
      > > See:
      > >
      > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/#success
      > >
      > > either oResponse.getResponseHeader or oResponse.getAllResponseHeaders.
      > >
      > > Satyam
      > >

      > Sorry but I am inside success callback of a DataSource not of a
      > Connection.
      > If I use oResponse.getResponseHeader Error Console says:
      > oResponse.getResponseHeader has no properties.
      >
      > Stef

      Perhaps I can override doBeforeParseData or doBeforeCallback
      so that I can access oFullResponse.
      However I would like to access oFullResponse inside
      success callback :)

      Stef
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
        I believe oFullResponse is already oResponse.responseText so the headers would have been lost.  You might want to listen to responseEvent

        Satyam

        stefdev wrote:
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "stefdev" <stefdev@...> wrote:

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:

        See:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/#success

        either oResponse.getResponseHeader or oResponse.getAllResponseHeaders.

        Satyam

        Sorry but I am inside success callback of a DataSource not of a
        Connection.
        If I use oResponse.getResponseHeader Error Console says:
        oResponse.getResponseHeader has no properties.

        Stef

        Perhaps I can override doBeforeParseData or doBeforeCallback
        so that I can access oFullResponse.
        However I would like to access oFullResponse inside
        success callback :)

        Stef

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • stefdev
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
          Thanks, "responseEvent" was the answer. I used:

          myDataSource.subscribe("responseEvent", function(oArgs) {
          alert(oArgs.response.getResponseHeader['Server']);
          });

          Cheers,
          Stef