DataSource and http headers

  • stefdev
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008

      I have a datasource used for filling a datatable.

      var oCallback = {
      success: function (oRequest,oResponse,oPayload) {
      myDataTable.onDataReturnAppendRows(oRequest, oResponse, oPayload);
      }
      };
      myDataSource().sendRequest(query, oCallback);

      I should read an HTTP Header inside success function:
      success: function (oRequest,oResponse,oPayload)

      is it possible? (are http headers inside oResponse somewhere?)

      Thanks,
      stef
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
        See:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/#success

        either oResponse.getResponseHeader or oResponse.getAllResponseHeaders.

        Satyam

        stefdev wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a datasource used for filling a datatable.
        >
        > var oCallback = {
        > success: function (oRequest,oResponse,oPayload) {
        > myDataTable.onDataReturnAppendRows(oRequest, oResponse, oPayload);
        > }
        > };
        > myDataSource().sendRequest(query, oCallback);
        >
        > I should read an HTTP Header inside success function:
        > success: function (oRequest,oResponse,oPayload)
        >
        > is it possible? (are http headers inside oResponse somewhere?)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > stef

      • stefdev
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008

          > See:
          >
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/#success
          >
          > either oResponse.getResponseHeader or oResponse.getAllResponseHeaders.
          >
          > Satyam

          Sorry but I am inside success callback of a DataSource not of a
          Connection.
          If I use oResponse.getResponseHeader Error Console says:
          oResponse.getResponseHeader has no properties.

          Stef
        • stefdev
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "stefdev" <stefdev@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
            > >
            > > See:
            > >
            > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/#success
            > >
            > > either oResponse.getResponseHeader or oResponse.getAllResponseHeaders.
            > >
            > > Satyam
            > >

            > Sorry but I am inside success callback of a DataSource not of a
            > Connection.
            > If I use oResponse.getResponseHeader Error Console says:
            > oResponse.getResponseHeader has no properties.
            >
            > Stef

            Perhaps I can override doBeforeParseData or doBeforeCallback
            so that I can access oFullResponse.
            However I would like to access oFullResponse inside
            success callback :)

            Stef
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
              I believe oFullResponse is already oResponse.responseText so the headers would have been lost.  You might want to listen to responseEvent

              Satyam

              stefdev wrote:
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "stefdev" <stefdev@...> wrote:

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:

              See:

              http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/#success

              either oResponse.getResponseHeader or oResponse.getAllResponseHeaders.

              Satyam

              Sorry but I am inside success callback of a DataSource not of a
              Connection.
              If I use oResponse.getResponseHeader Error Console says:
              oResponse.getResponseHeader has no properties.

              Stef

              Perhaps I can override doBeforeParseData or doBeforeCallback
              so that I can access oFullResponse.
              However I would like to access oFullResponse inside
              success callback :)

              Stef

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • stefdev
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
                Thanks, "responseEvent" was the answer. I used:

                myDataSource.subscribe("responseEvent", function(oArgs) {
                alert(oArgs.response.getResponseHeader['Server']);
                });

                Cheers,
                Stef