Re: IE says this._formNode not an object (in connection.js)

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006

      (http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v011/examples/connection/upload.html)
      > for creating an upload screen for a current project. It basically
      > posts all data and returns any output (form validation) from the
      > server. Everything seems OK in Safari, Firefox (Mac and PC), Opera,
      > but not in IE6/Windows (...).
      >
      > The first time the form is submitted, IE behaves just fine. But if the
      > form comes back with errors, IE won't submit the form a second time,
      > saying that "this._formNode is null or not an object", referring to
      > line 678 in connection.js (version 0.11.1).
      >
      > Can anyone give me any kind of pointer as to what could be wrong? I
      > know I should have source code ready, and will provide it if noone can
      > give me any immediate hints.

      Can you post the form HTML and any related application script?

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • James Bennett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        On 7/29/06, paldegerstrom <pal@...> wrote:
        > The first time the form is submitted, IE behaves just fine. But if the
        > form comes back with errors, IE won't submit the form a second time,
        > saying that "this._formNode is null or not an object", referring to
        > line 678 in connection.js (version 0.11.1).

        The first thing that comes to mind is to check where and how you're
        calling setForm, to ensure that it happens before each submission.

        --
        "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
        -- George Carlin