iphone: menu issues

  • bikeinorange
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2008
      A website I built is not rendering properly, because of the YUI menus.

      When I take out the line:
      oMenuBar.render();
      The page loads fine.

      Without it, all I see is the menubar, the rest of the site is
      white/hidden.

      Anyone ever seen this? Found a solution?

      I guess I could sniff for the iPhone and only render when there is no
      iPhone detected, but I was wondering if there are better solutions.
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi -

        Never heard of this issue before. Is this problem specific to your site
        viewed on the iPhone? Or can it be replicated in Safari? Also, not
        rendering isn't really the best option, as the "render" method is
        required for all of the Menu functionality to work properly. That said,
        I would consider withholding the Menu from your site if it is viewed on
        an iPhone for the reasons stated on the Menu landing page:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#mobile

        - Todd