DataTable + TabView ... 2nd tab, datatable not doing auto width

  • slapyo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
      i have a tabview with a datatable on each. on load i populate each
      tab with a datatable. the datatable in the first tab is fine and the
      column widths are perfect. but on the 2nd tab the widths of the table
      are not, they are extremely small and i'm not sure why. i do nothing
      in regards to setting the column widths.

      do i need to render the table when the tab is clicked so it's
      "visible" and the column widths are adjusted properly? if so how do i
      attach to a tab click.
    • slapyo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "slapyo" <slapyo@...> wrote:

        > i have a tabview with a datatable on each. on load i populate each
        > tab with a datatable. the datatable in the first tab is fine and the
        > column widths are perfect. but on the 2nd tab the widths of the table
        > are not, they are extremely small and i'm not sure why. i do nothing
        > in regards to setting the column widths.
        >
        > do i need to render the table when the tab is clicked so it's
        > "visible" and the column widths are adjusted properly? if so how do i
        > attach to a tab click.

        Found the answer here.

        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=836476&aid=1977911&group_id=165715

        Bug report says it's been fixed in the next release.
      • bretlevy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
          There are times when you might actually *want* to delay the
          a page that splits up "jobs" into 3 tabs; active, pending and future
          (where pending is within 30 days, for example). If the user doesn't go
          to one of the other tabs, then there is really no reason to fetch what
          might be a very long list.

          You trap the tab clicks like this:

          myTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView("htmltabscontent");
          myTabs.addListener ('activeTabChange', function(e){
          showTab(myTabs.getTabIndex(e.newValue));
          });

          Then in the showTab() function I check to see if I've already built the
          table or not. If not, I instantiate it and fetch the data. There is a
          slight delay as the xhr process completes, but it still flows nicely (I
          actually code the page with a "spinner" graphic that displays until the
          table is ready to replace the contents of the target div.

          ~~bret