Chart event when graph has rendered

  • inna_work
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
      Hello,
      I am drawing a Line chart with a huge amount of datapoints.
      To improve performance, I am using doBeforeCallback to set results to
      sparse data and also to save the original i.e. dense XHR results.

      When drawing my graph I used saved DS (JS type). Then I would like to
      draw the dense graph as soon as the sparse one has rendered. I can do
      that with a timeout, but that's just a concept proof.

      I've tried "responseParseEvent", but it does not trigger the new graph.

      Any suggestions how I can approach it? I am willing to create custom
      events, but not sure where.

      Thanks a lot! This forum is a great resource for working with new
      libraries on your own.

      --Inna
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008

        The YUI Chart does not fire an event after rendering.

        Thanks,
        Tripp
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "inna_work" <inna_home@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I am drawing a Line chart with a huge amount of datapoints.
        > To improve performance, I am using doBeforeCallback to set results to
        > sparse data and also to save the original i.e. dense XHR results.
        >
        > When drawing my graph I used saved DS (JS type). Then I would like to
        > draw the dense graph as soon as the sparse one has rendered. I can do
        > that with a timeout, but that's just a concept proof.
        >
        > I've tried "responseParseEvent", but it does not trigger the new graph.
        >

        > Any suggestions how I can approach it? I am willing to create custom
        > events, but not sure where.
        >
        > Thanks a lot! This forum is a great resource for working with new
        > libraries on your own.
        >
        > --Inna

      • inna_work
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
          Is it possible to add this as a feature request for future releases?

          Also, any ideas how I can hack it for now?

          Thanks a lot,
          Inna

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tripp.bridges" <trippb@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > The YUI Chart does not fire an event after rendering.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Tripp
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "inna_work" <inna_home@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > > I am drawing a Line chart with a huge amount of datapoints.
          > > To improve performance, I am using doBeforeCallback to set results to
          > > sparse data and also to save the original i.e. dense XHR results.
          > >
          > > When drawing my graph I used saved DS (JS type). Then I would like to
          > > draw the dense graph as soon as the sparse one has rendered. I can do
          > > that with a timeout, but that's just a concept proof.
          > >
          > > I've tried "responseParseEvent", but it does not trigger the new
          graph.

          > > Any suggestions how I can approach it? I am willing to create custom
          > > events, but not sure where.
          > >
          > > Thanks a lot! This forum is a great resource for working with new
          > > libraries on your own.
          > >
          > > --Inna

        • tripp.bridges
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
            I will log this as a feature request. If you want to try and hack it
            for now, you will need to recompile the SWF. My suggestion would be to
            place it at the end of the setDataProvider function of the application
            class (Charts.as). In your js event handler, you should use a
            setTimeout to trigger the redraw so that the chart is not constantly
            drawing. This may work for now. If I do come across a better solution,
            I will post it. Good luck!