Menu - Exception in menu.js - function getMenuRootElement()

  • dekeldaniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2008
      Hi
      I am having a unusual exception.

      Line: 107 (menu.js)
      Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

      It seem to be generating by a mouseover (or move) over the parent
      element of the menu element.

      The problem seem to be on the line 107:
      switch (p_oElement.tagName.toUpperCase())

      p_oElement.tagName does not return a String object, therefore
      toUpperCase() returns an error.

      I just fixed the line to:
      switch ((typeof
      p_oElement.tagName=="string")?p_oElement.tagName.toUpperCase():"")

      Anyone knows something about this?
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Daniel -

        What are the step to reproduce this error? It sounds weird that the
        tagName property isn't returning a string. How can that be? Can you
        provide more info on this? 1) Steps to reproduce. 2) What browsers you
        are seeing this error in. 3) What OS you are using. 4) Any browser
        extensions that you are running.

        Thanks,
        Todd