"draggableColumns:true" - causing errors

  • soccerdudemulder
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
      I'm trying to make my DataTable have draggable columns. I've been
      following the example, but when setting the attribute, I receive
      a "Object does not support this property or method" error. I'm using
      IE 6, because I'm at work and that is what they use. Is this a IE
      issue? If I take out "draggableColumns:true" the data will show up,
      but they are not draggable and leaving it in gives the error. This is
      the line below from the example:

      // Create DataTable
      var myDT = this.myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable
      ("columnshowhide", myColumnDefs, this.myDataSource,
      {draggableColumns:true});
    • soccerdudemulder
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
        <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to make my DataTable have draggable columns. I've been
        > following the example, but when setting the attribute, I receive
        > a "Object does not support this property or method" error. I'm
        using
        > IE 6, because I'm at work and that is what they use. Is this a IE
        > issue? If I take out "draggableColumns:true" the data will show up,
        > but they are not draggable and leaving it in gives the error. This
        is
        > the line below from the example:
        >
        > // Create DataTable
        > var myDT = this.myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable
        > ("columnshowhide", myColumnDefs, this.myDataSource,
        > {draggableColumns:true});

        This is also the same issue when using Firefox 3
      • y_lsmith
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
          <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
          > <soccerdudemulder@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm trying to make my DataTable have draggable columns. I've been
          > > following the example, but when setting the attribute, I receive
          > > a "Object does not support this property or method" error. I'm
          > using
          > > IE 6, because I'm at work and that is what they use. Is this a IE
          > > issue? If I take out "draggableColumns:true" the data will show up,
          > > but they are not draggable and leaving it in gives the error. This
          > is
          > > the line below from the example:
          > >
          > > // Create DataTable
          > > var myDT = this.myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable
          > > ("columnshowhide", myColumnDefs, this.myDataSource,
          > > {draggableColumns:true});
          > >

          > This is also the same issue when using Firefox 3

          Did you include dragdrop.js in your script includes before
          datatable-beta.js?

          Luke
        • soccerdudemulder
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
            These are my external js files.

            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yahoo-dom-
            event.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-beta-
            min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-
            beta.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript"
            src="../javascript/dragdrop.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datasource-beta-
            min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datatable-beta-
            min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/data2.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/calendar-
            min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yuiloader-
            beta.js"></script>

            Michael

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
            > <soccerdudemulder@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
            > > <soccerdudemulder@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm trying to make my DataTable have draggable columns. I've
            been
            > > > following the example, but when setting the attribute, I
            receive
            > > > a "Object does not support this property or method" error.
            I'm
            > > using
            > > > IE 6, because I'm at work and that is what they use. Is this
            a IE
            > > > issue? If I take out "draggableColumns:true" the data will
            show up,
            > > > but they are not draggable and leaving it in gives the error.
            This
            > > is
            > > > the line below from the example:
            > > >
            > > > // Create DataTable
            > > > var myDT = this.myDataTable = new
            YAHOO.widget.DataTable
            > > > ("columnshowhide", myColumnDefs, this.myDataSource,
            > > > {draggableColumns:true});
            > > >

            > > This is also the same issue when using Firefox 3
            > >

            > Did you include dragdrop.js in your script includes before
            > datatable-beta.js?
            >
            > Luke

          • y_lsmith
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
              <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

              > These are my external js files.
              >

              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yahoo-dom-
              > event.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-beta-
              > min.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-
              > beta.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript"
              > src="../javascript/dragdrop.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datasource-beta-
              > min.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datatable-beta-
              > min.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/data2.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/calendar-
              > min.js"></script>
              > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yuiloader-
              > beta.js"></script>
              >

              > Michael
              [snip]

              You're including element twice. Are you using YUI Loader separately
              to load further library files?

              Otherwise, the includes appear to be in a reasonable order. I would
              suggest requesting the raw files or -debug files rather than the -min.
              Then at least the error report you get in FireBug will point to a
              readable line of code that may help.

              Also, you might benefit from using the CDN and the ComboHandler. Have
              a look at
              http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/

              The "Combine All JS Files" button will toggle the use of the ComboHandler.

              Luke
            • soccerdudemulder
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
                No it turned out I didn't need the YUI loader. It works fine now.
                Thanks much.

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

                > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
                > <soccerdudemulder@> wrote:
                > >
                > > These are my external js files.
                > >

                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yahoo-dom-
                > > event.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-beta-
                > > min.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-
                > > beta.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript"
                > > src="../javascript/dragdrop.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datasource-beta-
                > > min.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datatable-beta-
                > > min.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/data2.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/calendar-
                > > min.js"></script>
                > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yuiloader-
                > > beta.js"></script>
                > >

                > > Michael
                > [snip]
                >
                > You're including element twice. Are you using YUI Loader separately
                > to load further library files?
                >
                > Otherwise, the includes appear to be in a reasonable order. I would
                > suggest requesting the raw files or -debug files rather than the -min.
                > Then at least the error report you get in FireBug will point to a
                > readable line of code that may help.
                >
                > Also, you might benefit from using the CDN and the ComboHandler. Have
                > a look at
                > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/
                >
                > The "Combine All JS Files" button will toggle the use of the
                ComboHandler.

                > Luke

              • soccerdudemulder
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                  I loaded the page up this morning and it failed again. Same error as
                  before, "object doesn't support this method or property". Also, its
                  complaining in datatable-beta.js that this.init() is not a function.

                  All I'm doing is taking the draggable columns example from the page
                  and trying to implement that on my server. I'm using both IE 6 and
                  Firefox 3.

                  <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

                  > No it turned out I didn't need the YUI loader. It works fine now.
                  > Thanks much.
                  >

                  > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
                  > > <soccerdudemulder@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > These are my external js files.
                  > > >

                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yahoo-dom-
                  > > > event.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-beta-
                  > > > min.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/element-
                  > > > beta.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript"
                  > > > src="../javascript/dragdrop.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datasource-beta-
                  > > > min.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/datatable-beta-
                  > > > min.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript"
                  src="../javascript/data2.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/calendar-
                  > > > min.js"></script>
                  > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/yuiloader-
                  > > > beta.js"></script>
                  > > >

                  > > > Michael
                  > > [snip]
                  > >
                  > > You're including element twice. Are you using YUI Loader separately
                  > > to load further library files?
                  > >
                  > > Otherwise, the includes appear to be in a reasonable order. I would
                  > > suggest requesting the raw files or -debug files rather than the -min.
                  > > Then at least the error report you get in FireBug will point to a
                  > > readable line of code that may help.
                  > >
                  > > Also, you might benefit from using the CDN and the ComboHandler. Have
                  > > a look at
                  > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/
                  > >
                  > > The "Combine All JS Files" button will toggle the use of the
                  > ComboHandler.
                  > >
                  > > Luke

                • soccerdudemulder
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                    Here is my updated js files in case that helps.

                    <script type="text/javascript"
                    src="../javascript/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript"
                    src="../javascript/element-beta.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript"
                    src="../javascript/datasource-beta.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript"
                    src="../javascript/datatable-beta.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/data.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/dragdrop.js"></script>

                    <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

                    > I loaded the page up this morning and it failed again. Same error as
                    > before, "object doesn't support this method or property". Also, its
                    > complaining in datatable-beta.js that this.init() is not a function.
                    >
                    > All I'm doing is taking the draggable columns example from the page
                    > and trying to implement that on my server. I'm using both IE 6 and
                    > Firefox 3.
                    >

                    > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"
                    > <soccerdudemulder@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > No it turned out I didn't need the YUI loader. It works fine now.
                    > > Thanks much.
                    > >

                    > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "soccerdudemulder"

                    > src="../javascript/data2.js"></script>

                    > > > [snip]
                    > > >
                    > > > You're including element twice. Are you using YUI Loader separately
                    > > > to load further library files?
                    > > >
                    > > > Otherwise, the includes appear to be in a reasonable order. I would
                    > > > suggest requesting the raw files or -debug files rather than the
                    -min.
                    > > > Then at least the error report you get in FireBug will point to a
                    > > > readable line of code that may help.
                    > > >
                    > > > Also, you might benefit from using the CDN and the ComboHandler.
                    Have
                    > > > a look at
                    > > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/
                    > > >
                    > > > The "Combine All JS Files" button will toggle the use of the
                    > > ComboHandler.
                    > > >
                    > > > Luke

                  • y_lsmith
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                      <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

                      > Here is my updated js files in case that helps.
                      >
                      > <script type="text/javascript"
                      > src="../javascript/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>
                      > <script type="text/javascript"
                      > src="../javascript/element-beta.js"></script>
                      > <script type="text/javascript"
                      > src="../javascript/datasource-beta.js"></script>
                      > <script type="text/javascript"
                      > src="../javascript/datatable-beta.js"></script>
                      > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/data.js"></script>
                      > <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/dragdrop.js"></script>

                      [snip]

                      dragdrop.js needs to come before datatable.js
                    • soccerdudemulder
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                        That did the fix. Why does this matter though? Aren't those just
                        files that get referenced when they are called from the script?

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
                          <soccerdudemulder@...> wrote:

                          > That did the fix. Why does this matter though? Aren't those just
                          > files that get referenced when they are called from the script?

                          [snip]

                          Each file builds the library incrementally. datatable-beta.js also
                          assumes that the YAHOO global is in place, for example. yahoo-min.js
                          or yahoo-dom-event.js or utilities.js must therefore come before
                          datatable-beta.js

                          DataTable includes a class that extends YAHOO.util.DDProxy in
                          dragdrop.js to facilitate the column DnD. That class must be known
                          before datatable-beta.js can extend it.

                          Luke