RE: [ydn-javascript] Vector Graphics Library in the Future?

  • Jeff Delezen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006

      Its already been through a revision or two (done by the W3C Org) and its acronym is SVG or scalable vector graphics, and it is implemented as an extensible markup language.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
        Thanks.

        I'd like to develop graphics with rich functionality where the end-
        user can drag a part of the graphic, the graphic is recomputed and
        rendered in real-time while the customer is dragging.

        The ideal solution would be:
        - cross-browser compatible,
        - no download, no plug-in necessary,
        - client-side computing/drawing/rendering (no need to go back to the
        server to recompute the graphics).

        Anything exists or on its way for the web?

        Thanks,
        Louis

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Delezen
        <jdelezen001001@...> wrote:

        > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url
        (#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}..shape
        {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

        javascript@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of louisarquie
        > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 20062:47 PM
        > To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [ydn-javascript] VectorGraphics Library in the Future?
        >

        > Is Yahoo working on a VectorGraphics Library for the Web
        (JavaScript
        > or other)?
        > Any chance we will see that in the next 2 years?
        > Any other vector graphics library recommendationfrom anyone?
        > Thanks!
        > Louis
        >

        > SPONSOREDLINKS
        >

        > C programming language
        >
        > Computer programming languages
        >
        > Java programming language
        >
        > The c programming language
        >
        > C programming language
        >
        > Concept of programming language
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > YAHOO!GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > Visit your group "ydn-javascript" on the web.

        Terms of Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Mail

      • Jeff Delezen
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006

          You should really like Vista as it seems to have a focus on rendering vector graphics as much as possible a la XAML.  You might want to download the Feb CTP WPF from Microsoft and run Microsoft Expressions and Interactive (under codename Cider) – they are XML rendered interactive vector graphics.  As for using this tech today, try AJAX and SVG or flash and AJAX (these are about as cross-browser compatible as possible – I don’t think it is possible for something to cross all possible browser lines).

          <jdelezen001001@...> wrote:

          > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url
          (#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}..shape
          {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
          > Its already been through a revision or two(done by the W3C Org)
          and its acronym is SVG or scalable vector graphics, andit is
          implemented as an extensible markup language.

          Terms of Service.

          > Yahoo! Mail
          > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

          Yahoo! Mail