Charts - HTTP Server?

  • loveuabhij
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      In the very first restrictions for the YUI Charts, its mentioned that:

      The Charts Control should always be served from an HTTP server due to Flash Player's restricted local sercurity model.

      Does that mean the SWF file should always reside on a HTTP server? and it won't work if its local?
      what will happen if its hosted in secure server based on HTTPS?

      Presently, I've it on HTTP server in development environment..but in quality and productive environment we have SSL security forcing HTTPS protocol? will that be a problem?

      Thanks.

      Abhijeet
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
        We have not tested the YUI charts component with HTTPS but,
        theoretically, you should be able to serve the chart SWF from HTTPS
        provided that you follow the overall flash player security guidelines.
        You may have to ensure that the host page is also served from HTTPS or
        explicitly allow https to http communication between through a
        cross-domain policy file. More information on flash security can be
        found here:

        http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_9_security.pdf

        Thanks,
        Tripp