Consolidate Documentation

  • Michael Trier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
      I feel almost ashamed to write this email because the YAHOO
      documentation is unbelievably good. In fact it's the major reason
      I've comitted to the YUI over other frameworks out there. Give that I
      would like to ask for one minor change. It would be nice if the
      documentation was consolidated. IOW, when I'm in Drag and Drop and
      I'd like to look up docs on the YAHOO.util or YAHOO.util.Anim I'd like
      to be able to get there without having to back all the way out and go
      in through the other channel. Clearly a nice to have, but it would
      save lots of time.

      Thanks for the excellent product.

      Michael
    • Tony Fardella
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
        I'd like to second this request. As Michael said the YUI documentation is much better than
        most frameworks out there and was a significant reason for using it. I do find that I need
        to go between various section of the docs when looking up information. It would be nice if
        all the docs started from a single root to make things easier. Possibly tabs across the top
        for the major sections would make navigation much better.

        Thanks!

        Tony

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Trier" <mtrier@...> wrote:

        > I feel almost ashamed to write this email because the YAHOO
        > documentation is unbelievably good. In fact it's the major reason
        > I've comitted to the YUI over other frameworks out there. Give that I
        > would like to ask for one minor change. It would be nice if the
        > documentation was consolidated. IOW, when I'm in Drag and Drop and
        > I'd like to look up docs on the YAHOO.util or YAHOO.util.Anim I'd like
        > to be able to get there without having to back all the way out and go
        > in through the other channel. Clearly a nice to have, but it would
        > save lots of time.
        >
        > Thanks for the excellent product.
        >
        > Michael

      • mark.deibert
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
          Yes, some tabs or a menu would be perfect. It seems silly to put off
          such a simple fix and frustrate the programmers with poor navigation
          on really good documentation.