Support all HTTP methods for setForm

  • Laurens Holst
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2006
      The setForm method currently only works on GET and POST requests.

      However, other requests can also have payload, e.g. a PUT should be able
      to have a www-form-urlencoded payload, and it makes perfect sense to
      have the GET parameters on a HEAD request as well.

      In our case, we have an AJAX forum with a RESTful backend, and want to
      send an edited post along with a PUT request. This limitation prevents
      us from doing that.

      The attached patch makes setForm work for all the other request methods
      as well. I hope to see it in the next release of the Yahoo UI library!

      ~Grauw