Keyboard issues with browsers

  • carterforner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hello,

      Has anyone found a satisfactory solution to keyboard problems with
      various modal containers? For example, when a modal dialog window is
      created, the rest of the browser window grays out, supposedly
      indicating that no other links/buttons will work until this modal
      window is closed.

      However, 1) the tab key can be used to navigate through those other
      links...

      (see for example, the following page, and then in Firefox you can tab
      from the url heading into the background page)

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/simpledialog.html)

      ...and 2) the delete key will kill the whole page. Has anyone been
      able to solve these problems for all browsers?

      Thank you,
      Gabe.
    • Alexx Alexx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        see bug [1526155] in SF for YUI -
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1526155&group_id=165715&atid=836476
        I've already submitted the problem.
        But I don't know about this one -
        >> "2) the delete key will kill the whole page."
        Perhaps you could add the comment there on SF?
        I'm looking forward for solving this.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Steven Peterson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006

          Gabe,

          Dialog and SimpleDialog have built-in tab handling to prevent what you’re speaking of from happening. I’m unable to tab below the mask in the SimpleDialog example, as you have described below. Can you clarify the repro case for this? Also, what does your second issue (“the delete key will kill the whole page”) mean? I don’t have any negative side-effects when pressing the delete key.

          Thanks!

          Steven Peterson

          Web Developer, Platform Engineering

          Yahoo!