IE says this._formNode not an object (in connection.js)

  • paldegerstrom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2006
      I hope someone is able to help me out even though I can't provide you
      with any live demo of my problem.

      I have used Thomas' very useful demo
      (http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v011/examples/connection/upload.html)
      for creating an upload screen for a current project. It basically
      posts all data and returns any output (form validation) from the
      server. Everything seems OK in Safari, Firefox (Mac and PC), Opera,
      but not in IE6/Windows (...).

      The first time the form is submitted, IE behaves just fine. But if the
      form comes back with errors, IE won't submit the form a second time,
      saying that "this._formNode is null or not an object", referring to
      line 678 in connection.js (version 0.11.1).

      Can anyone give me any kind of pointer as to what could be wrong? I
      know I should have source code ready, and will provide it if noone can
      give me any immediate hints.

      Thanks,
      Pål Degerstrøm
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "paldegerstrom" <pal@...> wrote:

        > I hope someone is able to help me out even though I can't provide you
        > with any live demo of my problem.
        >
        > I have used Thomas' very useful demo

        (http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v011/examples/connection/upload.html)
        > for creating an upload screen for a current project. It basically
        > posts all data and returns any output (form validation) from the
        > server. Everything seems OK in Safari, Firefox (Mac and PC), Opera,
        > but not in IE6/Windows (...).
        >
        > The first time the form is submitted, IE behaves just fine. But if the
        > form comes back with errors, IE won't submit the form a second time,
        > saying that "this._formNode is null or not an object", referring to
        > line 678 in connection.js (version 0.11.1).
        >
        > Can anyone give me any kind of pointer as to what could be wrong? I
        > know I should have source code ready, and will provide it if noone can
        > give me any immediate hints.

        Can you post the form HTML and any related application script?

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • James Bennett
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
          On 7/29/06, paldegerstrom <pal@...> wrote:
          > The first time the form is submitted, IE behaves just fine. But if the
          > form comes back with errors, IE won't submit the form a second time,
          > saying that "this._formNode is null or not an object", referring to
          > line 678 in connection.js (version 0.11.1).

          The first thing that comes to mind is to check where and how you're
          calling setForm, to ensure that it happens before each submission.

          --
          "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
          -- George Carlin