FIXED SAFARI 2.0 BUG in Calendar widget

  • rhys_cazenove
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      After a bt of poking around, I have discovered the source of the
      safari bug in the calendar widget. However, I am not sure of the
      consequences of this change - perhaps a yahoo developer could shed
      light on the situation?

      SITUATION
      =========
      Calendar widget does not work in Safari 2.0 OSX 10.4.5 AFTER you
      choose another monoth to display.

      CULPRIT
      =======
      Event.js, around line 311 (uncompressed version)
      method: useLegacyEvent

      PREVIOUS CODE
      =============
      return ( (!el.addEventListener && !el.attachEvent) ||
      (sType == "click" && this.isSafari) );

      NEW CODE
      ========
      return ( (!el.addEventListener && !el.attachEvent) );

      I am sure there is a very good reason for the code to be as it was,
      but as far as I can tell, safari behaves with no problems when I
      change the above line.

      Thanks,

      Rhys
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
        On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:12:52PM -0000, rhys_cazenove wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > After a bt of poking around, I have discovered the source of the
        > safari bug in the calendar widget. However, I am not sure of the
        > consequences of this change - perhaps a yahoo developer could shed
        > light on the situation?

        Rhys, thanks for the drilling into this problem. Your fix will work around
        this issue, but will disable a Safari-specific workaround in the code that
        makes it so you can use preventDefault to cancel clicks on anchor tags.

        The real cause is that the event utility has an issue with removing and
        re-adding Safari click events. This will be fixed in the next release.

        -Adam
      • jannekalliola
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
          > Rhys, thanks for the drilling into this problem. Your fix will work around
          > this issue, but will disable a Safari-specific workaround in the code that
          > makes it so you can use preventDefault to cancel clicks on anchor tags.
          >
          > The real cause is that the event utility has an issue with removing and
          > re-adding Safari click events. This will be fixed in the next release.

          Adam,

          when the next release is due? Or can you provide the fix as a patch, so I could continue
          testing my system on Safari, too?

          --
          Janne Kalliola