YUI loader and your own skin

  • wendymcameron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2008
      I also noticed that to write your own skin you would have to install
      your own folder files and directories throughout the build directory.

      This really isn't that desirable. I want to put my skin files
      completely outside my yui distribution.

      When you use the skin module you specify the skin config object and
      have to provide a base property which i can set to a URL but the
      loader will like in the widget directory with that base url.

      So for autocompletec.css
      it looks in build/autocomplete/assets/sam/autocomplete.css

      So if i have orchestral
      it looks in build/autocomplete/assets/orchestral/autocomplete.css

      The only thing i can think of to do is to create 2 loaders one for js
      and one for css and setting a different base directory.

      I am also considering having these loaders global.

      One thing i wonder is can you call insert repeatedly.
    • jerry_gagliano
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30 6:19 PM
        Same here. I am having the same problem and i find the YUI is not easy
        to skin your own stuff.

        I used the skin object config and i would get this type of error
        build/autocomplete/assets/undefinedsam/autocomplete.css. So i am not
        even successful for that part. So i just try to to skin my own stuff
        but this sam default skin is always overriding my stuff and it's a
        like a bug. I want to get rid of it but it doesn't want to fly away.

        Did u find a solution?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "wendymcameron"