BSD License Question

  • Pete Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2006
      My name is Peter Wright, I am a member of NycBUG (www.nycbug.org): New
      York City's BSD Unix User Group. I recently saw a press release regarding
      the opening up of the Yahoo! UI library (http://developer.yahoo.net/yui/).
      Would it be possible to have a short interview at some point with someone
      on the Yahoo! team regarding the releasing of this code?

      I belive members of my group would be particularly interested in why you
      have choosen the BSD license to release this code under. I am fully aware
      of the benefits of BSD license, and think it is an often overlooked open
      source license. I am hoping that a high profile case study such as this
      would help open more people's eyes to the BSD community. Please feel free
      to contact me off list, if you work for Yahoo! and would be willing to
      conduct a short interview via email with me.

      Regards,
      Pete Wright

      --
      ~~oO00Oo~~