Drag & Drop Across Frames?

  • Donald J. Sipe III
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2006
      This may be wishfull thinking, but can drag and drop work across frames?  I have a tree control in my main page and an iframe embedded within that page.  I need to be able drag elements off the tree to create lists of elements within the iframe.

      I don't need to do anything as fancy as actually moving the element from one frame into another.  I just need to be able to grab some data from the tree node as it's dropped over the iframe and be able to relate that to a target area in the iframe, ie my list.  I can use AJAX to fill the iframe's list with the tree node data based on some id gathered durring the drop action and I don't actually need the tree to be altered in the process.

      If any one has any ideas or old threads I should go read, I'd love to hear it.

      Thanks,
      - DJ