Top Navbar with submenus

  • teresa_mcmillin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008

      I am attempting to incorporate the top navbar with submenus into my web
      application and am running into some issues. One thing that is
      happening is that my sub menus are not appearing inside of a box (as in
      the attached example:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html

      Instead the submenu items appear directly on the main page...which
      makes them hard to read.

      Can someone help me understand what piece of css (or something else)
      causes the submenu box to appear?

      Hopefully this question makes sense....Thanks in advance!

    • Solas I.T. Solutions
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
        Can you post a URL or the code ?

        teresa_mcmillin wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am attempting to incorporate the top navbar with submenus into my web
        > application and am running into some issues. One thing that is
        > happening is that my sub menus are not appearing inside of a box (as in
        > the attached example:
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html
        > <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html>
        >
        > Instead the submenu items appear directly on the main page...which
        > makes them hard to read.
        >
        > Can someone help me understand what piece of css (or something else)
        > causes the submenu box to appear?
        >
        > Hopefully this question makes sense....Thanks in advance!

        Solas I.T Solutions
        WWW.solasit.com.au
        Website Design and Developement, Melbourne
      • wally.ritchie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "teresa_mcmillin"
          <teresamcmillin@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am attempting to incorporate the top navbar with submenus into my web
          > application and am running into some issues. One thing that is
          > happening is that my sub menus are not appearing inside of a box (as in
          > the attached example:
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html
          >
          > Instead the submenu items appear directly on the main page...which
          > makes them hard to read.
          >
          > Can someone help me understand what piece of css (or something else)
          > causes the submenu box to appear?
          >
          > Hopefully this question makes sense....Thanks in advance!

          I'm not sure that I exactly understand what you mean by appearing on
          the main page. In any case, without a box around the items it could be
          that you have neglected to add the skin. Make sure you have a
          class="yui-skin-sam" on the body and have linked the skin css.

          If that doesn't work, Firebug is your friend and will allow you to see
          what's going on.
        • teresa_mcmillin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
            Thanks for the help! Adding the "yui-skin-sam" class to the body did
            the trick!

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "wally.ritchie"