datatable with horizontal scroller - not scrolling with arrow down!

  • mryan321
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008

      Hi All,

      My scrollable datatable does not scroll down when I arrow down through the rows. It just scrolls out of visibility.

      Is this normal behaviour / is there a workaround?

      Many thanks,

      Mark

      var dtConf = { scrollable:true, height:"30em" };
      this.dataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable( "list", colDefs, dataSource, dtConf );
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mryan321" <mark@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > My scrollable datatable does not scroll down when I arrow down through
        > the rows. It just scrolls out of visibility.
        >
        > Is this normal behaviour / is there a workaround?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Mark
        > var dtConf = { scrollable:true, height:"30em" };
        > this.dataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable( "list", colDefs,
        > dataSource, dtConf );

        Mark,

        Scrolling in response to key events is not currently supported out of
        the box. You can submit a feature request on SourceForge:
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=165715&atid=836479

        Also, you may be able to leverage the code in this example to
        accomplish what you're after:
        http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/scroll_to_cell.html

        Also possibly appropriate:

        Hope this helps,