Re: Re: [ydn-javascript] newbie rollercoster excited=>coming off danger list

  • andyboyns
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2008
      Satyam-3 wrote:

      > Plenty of those in the examples page:
      >
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/index.html
      >
      > The article explain why it works, you can get full examples from plenty
      > of sources.

      I'm still trying really hard to understand basic principles, and have
      successfully walked through part of the example which is explained in
      http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2/

      Unfortunately, and surprisingly, although I've searched and searched for
      examples showing the full process of collecting, writing, and posting data
      using a datatable I can't find any examples which don't mix up
      "technologies".

      I appreciate that in this forum we're sharing experience and are not
      actually "teachers", but YUI is seriously confusing for the beginner without
      jscript knowledge.

      Unfortuately I made a choice several years ago to follow the asp path,
      rather than php, and today I see a similar path before me: YUI or not. I've
      spent about a week just trying to fathom out how to write data onto a
      table... I feel great about that (?), but without that next step of being
      able to communicate back with the database on the server, this is
      meaningless.
      OK. I know there are snippets of code that illustrate this, but they are a
      jumble of examples. If someone could direct me to an inline editing database
      example which includes the collection and posting of data from start to
      finish, I know I'll be off and flying, wondering why it all took so long
      (and I'll close this topic off too)