Re: Incorrect column resizing of datatable in Firefox

  • Mike Prince
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30 7:18 PM
      Hi Luke

      Yes I have. If I set a width on the container div it makes no
      difference, and if I set a width in the datatable config itself I get
      a horizontal scrollbar (as would be expected).

      -- Mike --

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > Have you tried setting the width configuration to be in accord with
      > the iframe width?
      >
      > Luke

    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
        Mike,

        I see what you mean. Unfortunately, your use case is particularly
        challenging, since you have most columns with auto widths, one column
        with a minWidth, all resizeable columns, and an overall fixed width,
        all within a Y-scrollable table.

        I was able to achieve something close to what you need on this page:
        http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/datatable/dt_in_iframe.html

        It may not scale well to your full app, but who knows. It definitely
        doesn't gracefully handle resizing columns, and otherwise it's largely
        untested, so YMMV.

        The next release of DataTable will have a new mechanism for managing
        column and table widths, so you might want to submit a SourceForge
        bug/feature request for your use case that we can try to validate our
        development against it.

        Hope this helps,
        Luke

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Prince" <bubomike@...> wrote:

        > Hi Luke
        >
        > Yes I have. If I set a width on the container div it makes no
        > difference, and if I set a width in the datatable config itself I get
        > a horizontal scrollbar (as would be expected).
        >
        > -- Mike --
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Mike,
        > >
        > > Have you tried setting the width configuration to be in accord with
        > > the iframe width?
        > >
        > > Luke

      • Mike Prince
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi Luke

          Thanks: this is very helpful. It works with my test example and
          nearly, but not quite properly, when fitted in to my application.

          Firstly I realised that I didn't need resizeable columns so have
          removed that which should simplify things and make your fix work better.

          When applied to my application I no longer get the last column
          problem, but the header columns have become offset by a few pixels
          compared to the body columns.

          You should be able to see this in action in a test version of my
          application at
          http://www.bubo.org/test1/listing/View-List.html?list_id=2536.

          Based on your fix I have used the following:
          #listtable table {
          width: 615px;
          *width: 613px;
          }
          and set the datatable "listtable" width:
          width: "630px"

          Incidentally if you page to the last page the columns are no longer
          offset but are not quite sized optimally.

          Can't yet see whether this is due to something in your fix or in my code.

          Cheers