Re: use Element.on for change event of SELECT?

  • ledelste
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
      > ...Version 3 will bring a
      > greater standardization of components and clear guidelines on how to
      > build them, which can be conveyed to external developers so all
      > components look and behave alike. That's going to be like YUI leaving
      > home to go to college.

      Like most people I had a lot of fun in college, and sort of wish I could
      go back. So I am jealous of your upcoming YUI experience! Coming up
      with a process for letting the external community contribute to the core
      YUI library will be very interesting for all involved.

      > ... Yahoo has to reach all sorts of people with all sorts of
      > browsers and with JavaScript enabled or not. This means that,
      regarding
      > forms, they have to come already built in the HTML page, they can't be
      > build dynamically because someone might not have JavaScript enabled.
      > For those users, pages have to stand on their own without JavaScript.

      I understand. It poses a question, though, for my group, because at the
      moment we are developing internal applications, where we have a lot of
      control over the browser. For the time being, we really don't need
      progressive enhancement. When we open our internal applications to our
      users, then it may very well be very important to us.

      Anyway, it gives me a lot to think about. Thanks!