Re: [ydn-javascript] Sortable lists - help!

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
      On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:04:06PM -0000, dmj_ellis wrote:
      > Help me...
      >
      > I've hacked out some simple sortable lists from the Yahoo examples.
      > What I can't seem to do is actually grab the event at which the user
      > drops the list item. I can get this to work with the drag and drop
      > example, but can't seem to get it with the sortable lists.

      In the sortable list example, the list items are being swapped as one is
      dragged over another. Because of this, the drop event will not fire most of
      the time because you will be dropping the item on its current position
      rather than on another drop zone.

      What you may want to do is make a copy of the ygDDList.js example, and move
      the node swap code out of the onDragOver handler, and into the onDragDrop
      handler.

      -Adam