Re: Grouping TestCases from different Pages in TestSuites

  • Bernd Schiffer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi Nicholas.

      Thank you for your reply. Works great!

      Is there a way to let TestManager find all the necessary pages itself,
      e.g. passing it the directory where it could search recursivly for
      *.html-Files?

      Bernd

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas Zakas" <nzakas@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Bernd,
      >

      > There's no way to add multiple Test Cases in different pages to the same
      > Test Suite. There is, however, a way to run multiple pages of tests one
      > after the other. It's not documented mostly because it's a bit hacky and
      > I haven't had the time to build it out appropriately, but it is
      > functional. The object is called TestManager. Rather than explaining how
      > to use it, it's probably easier to look at an example
      >

      > If you look in the YUI zip file, there is a tests directory. The
      > YUI.html file uses the TestManager to run tests on a series of pages.
      > Each page is only responsible for telling the main page that it's ready
      > to be executed. Each of the other HTML files in that directory can be
      > run either as a standalone page or as part of the YUI.html page. I'd
      > recommend taking a look at both the YUI.html file and one of the simpler
      > unit test files such as profiler.html for a good example of how to set
      > this up.
      >

      > -Nicholas

    • Nicholas Zakas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008

        Hi Bernd,

        Sadly, that’s not possible. It would require file system access from JavaScript which is strictly prohibited for security reasons.

        Regards,

        Nicholas