how to render a table only using YUI datatable's CSS

  • WongTseng
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2008
      hi,

      In the project, I have used YUI datatable. But for a few tables that
      have large amount of rows, it is not performance efficient to use YUI
      datatable. However, I want all the tables in the application to have
      unified look & feel. So I need to render these non-yui tables the way
      the YUI Table dose. How can I render a table only using YUI
      datatable's CSS? Thanks.

      --
      Best Regards
      Wong Tseng
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2008

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/DOMOverview.gif

        you can see a good sampling of the styles the DataTable uses. Some,
        such as yui-dt-resizeable or yui-dt-sortable won't make sense for you
        since you wouldn't have the JavaScript behind it to do the resizing or
        the sorting. Now would the ones starting with yui-dt-col- because those
        are meant to allow to apply styles to specific columns. After taking
        all such styles out, you'll find there are not many left.

        Apart from that, have you tried or would it be acceptable to have
        client-side or server-side paging? Those two really speed up the
        rendering by only showing a few rows at a time, then all the tables
        would not only look the same but also behave the same.

        Satyam

        WongTseng wrote:
        > hi,
        >
        > In the project, I have used YUI datatable. But for a few tables that
        > have large amount of rows, it is not performance efficient to use YUI
        > datatable. However, I want all the tables in the application to have
        > unified look & feel. So I need to render these non-yui tables the way
        > the YUI Table dose. How can I render a table only using YUI
        > datatable's CSS? Thanks.

      • WongTseng
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2008
          Thanks. your reply gives me a lot of help.
          btw, i havd tried pagination, that really makes it faster, but still
          pretty slower than plain html table.

          --
          Best Regards
          Wong Tseng