Check SubMenu Items

  • arup832003
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26 3:59 AM
      Hi all,

      How can I access all the SubMenu Items of a MenuItem. So that, I can
      manipulate it's Configuration properties.

      But, I amn't getting How can I access all the SubMenu Items of a
      MenuIten as an object array of MenuItems.

      Please, help me in this regard.
    • Caridy Patino
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26 1:22 PM
        Hey,

        To access to a certain element based on the index:
        var label = oMenu.getItem(0).cfg.getProperty("text");

        To retrieve an array of all submenus that are direct descendants of a
        Menu instance, use the getSubmenus method:
        var items = oMenu.getSubmenus();

        Best Regards,
        Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "arup832003" <arup832003@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > How can I access all the SubMenu Items of a MenuItem. So that, I can
        > manipulate it's Configuration properties.
        >
        > But, I amn't getting How can I access all the SubMenu Items of a
        > MenuIten as an object array of MenuItems.
        >
        > Please, help me in this regard.

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30 10:21 AM
          Arup -

          A MenuItem's submenu can be accessed via its "submenu" configuration
          property:

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.html#config_submenu

          You might also find this section of the Menu landing page helpful:

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#traversingmenu

          - Todd

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
            Hi Caridy Patino,

            Thanks for your reply.
            In my example
            var items = oMenu.getSubmenus(); not giving the set of SubMenu Items
            attached to that MenuItem.

            I just want to check/unchech the submenu Items by clicking on them. I
            can do that by using the "checked" configuration property of
            YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.

            But, I amn't able to get all the Submenu Items of the selected
            MenuItem as an Object array of YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.

            Here is the code.

            <script type="text/javascript">

            /*
            Initialize and render the Menu when its elements are
            ready
            to be scripted.
            */

            var oMenu;

            YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady("productsandservices",
            function () {

            /*
            Instantiate a Menu: The first argument passed to the
            constructor is the id of the element in the page
            representing the Menu; the second is an object
            literal
            of configuration properties.
            */

            oMenu = new YAHOO.widget.Menu("productsandservices", {
            position:
            "static",
            hidedelay: 750,
            lazyload: true });

            /*
            Define an array of object literals, each containing
            the data necessary to create a submenu.
            */

            var aSubmenuData = [

            {
            id: "communication",
            itemdata: [
            { text: "360",checked: true, url:
            "javascript:checkItem();" },
            { text: "Alerts", url:
            "http://alerts.yahoo.com" },
            { text: "Avatars", url:
            "http://avatars.yahoo.com" },
            { text: "Groups", url:
            { text: "Internet Access", url:
            "http://promo.yahoo.com/broadband" }
            ]
            }

            ];

            // Subscribe to the Menu instance's "beforeRender" event

            oMenu.subscribe("beforeRender", function () {

            if (this.getRoot() == this) {

            this.getItem(0).cfg.setProperty("submenu",
            aSubmenuData[0]);
            }

            });

            /*
            Call the "render" method with no arguments since the
            markup for this Menu instance is already exists
            in the page.
            */

            oMenu.render();

            });

            function checkItem()
            {
            //Check the Selected SubMenuItem.

            //var menuitem=oMenu.getItem(0).cfg.getProperty('checked');

            //oMenu.getItem(0).cfg.setProperty('checked',true);

            var subMenuArr = oMenu.getSubmenus();
            alert(subMenuArr.join('|'));

            }

            </script>

            Please, help me to get rid of this Issue.

            Thanks,
            Arup

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
              Arup -

              To get a reference to the submenu of a MenuItem, use the "submenu"
              configuration property. Then use the "getItems" method to retrieve an
              array of the items in that submenu:

              var aItems = oMenu.getItem(0).cfg.getProperty("submenu").getItems();

              Got it?

              - Todd

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
                Hi Todd,