Problem with Submenu indicator in slightly changed menu link code

  • awa1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2008
      Hi,
      my menu is a horizontal menue build with markup. I modified the
      YUI-example. My menue has 2 levels deep (each menu item has either
      nonoe or a few subenue items. No subenue item has any sub items.)

      My delevoper changed the menu code of the link as shown below. Now
      every subenu-item shows the submenu indicator icon, even if there
      aren´t any submenues for them.

      EXAMPLE CODE as reference
      <!-- Code for the first submenue entry -->
      <ul class="first-of-type">
      <li id="yui-gen4" class="yuimenuitem first-of-type" groupindex="0"
      index="0">
      <a class="yuimenuitemlabel" href="http://360.yahoo.com">360°</a>
      </li>

      <!-- styles for the <a class="yuimenuitemlabel".....> according to
      firebug -->
      .yui-skin-sam .yuimenuitemlabel {menu.css (line 7)
      color:#000000;
      cursor:default;
      padding:0pt 20px;
      text-decoration:none;
      }
      .yuimenubaritemlabel, .yuimenuitemlabel {menu.css (line 7)
      display:block;
      }
      .yuimenuitemlabel, .yuimenubaritemlabel {menu.css (line 7)
      text-align:left;
      white-space:nowrap;
      }

      MY CODE, that makes the problem.
      <!-- again first subenue entry, difference: a has an id, but no href -->
      <ul class="first-of-type">
      <li id="yui-gen6" class="yuimenuitem first-of-type" groupindex="0"
      index="0">
      <a id="2_1" class="yuimenuitemlabel">Meine Partner</a>
      </li>

      <!-- styles for the <a id="2_l".....> according to firebug-->

      li.yuimenubaritem-hassubmenu.aktiv a {menu.css (line 69)
      background:transparent url(menubaritem_submenuindicator_aktiv.png)
      no-repeat scroll right center !important;
      }

      .yui-skin-sam .yuimenuitemlabel {menu.css (line 248)
      color:#000000;
      cursor:pointer;
      padding:0pt 10px;
      text-decoration:none;
      }
      .yuimenubaritemlabel, .yuimenuitemlabel {menu.css (line 81)
      display:block;
      }
      .yuimenuitemlabel, .yuimenubaritemlabel {menu.css (line 32)
      text-align:left;
      white-space:nowrap;
      }

      The culprit is the <li.yuimenubaritem-hassubmenu.aktiv a ...>
      this is the big difference to the YUI-example code.

      Can anybody help me on how to modify the CSS-styles, so that the
      menubaritem_submenuindicator_aktiv.png isn´t invoked anymore.

      Does the missing href in the a-tag cause the trouble or is it the id?

      Thanks for you help
      awa
    • awa1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi,
        anybody here who can help me? it would be really very much appreciated.

        Thanks
        awa