[ydn-javascript] Want to show biking direction using Yahoo Map webservice

  • nihar bhatt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2008
      Hi People ,

      I am using Yahoo Maps web services using AJAX apis provided by yahoo itself.....

      I want such a feature that shows the "Biking Direction on a Map".

      that means if i programmatically pass the parameters "form here" and "To" it shows the biking direction on a map.

      so please someone point me out how to achieve that ......

      Thanks,
      Nihar
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        Nihar,

        Sorry for the slow response.

        The best place to post questions about the Maps Web Services is here:

        Regards,
        Eric

        On Jun 21, 2008, at 9:03 AM, nihar bhatt wrote:

        Hi People ,

        I am using Yahoo Maps web services using AJAX apis provided by yahoo itself.....

        I want such a feature that shows the "Biking Direction on a Map".

        that means if i programmatically pass the parameters "form here" and "To" it shows the biking direction on a map.

        so please someone point me out how to achieve that ......

        Thanks,
        Nihar

      • rpanos76
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
          Nihar-

          We are currently planning for "find directions" enhancements for both
          the public API and the public maps product that allow options such as
          "avoid traffic." An option taking into account bike routes could also
          be very popular in some areas and we should put it on our long term
          road map. We are sorry it is not available at this time.

          Thank you for your feedback!

          -Ryan Panos

          Y! Maps Engineering